2017-08-18

Kitchen lithography



I should like to draw your attention to Émilie Aizier's method of kitchen lithography. The technique involves the use of non-toxic materials to be found in an ordinary kitchen.

Stone lithography printing allows unusual freedom of expression. Images can be drawn or painted and the range of marks possible is immense. I learned stone lithography at Morley College in London some years ago, but I have not been able to practise it since, because it requires several things I don't have, that is, sufficient space, a lithography stone, a litho press and a supply of nitric acid. Therefore I was very interested to learn of a method of lithography that uses such friendly materials as aluminium foil and cola.

Perhaps when time allows I'll have a go, meanwhile for those who are interested you can order the book (available in English, French or Spanish) from the author.



No comments:

Post a Comment